Wednesday 31 August 2011

#15 - Exhibit At A Local Event - Complete!

I started a list of 101 things I'd like to achieve in 1001 days recently and I'm very happy to announce that I've finally crossed my first goal off the list! 

Number 15 was 'Exhibit at a local event' and lucky for me I managed to get myself a spot at Colchester Free Festival this past weekend. I set up my stand in the Kidstival section and opted to give away free photos in my photo booth. All the participants simply had to do was supply me with an email address and their pictures were promptly emailed on Monday morning.

I have to admit we were much busier than I thought we would be. I had had visions of us standing in an empty gazebo all day counting down the time but luckily that wasn't the case. We were busy for most of the day and lots of people found the concept of receiving free photos hard to believe. 'Whats the catch?' was the most often used phrase. Not really sure what they were expecting at a FREE festival!


This is how we set up on the day. big thanks to my mum and sister in law for my bunting! The TV on the end of the table on the left displayed the pictures as they were taken and then was set to slideshow through all the images when the photo booth was free to new participants.

This was the prop table, which was hard to keep looking tidy! The props in the jars on the left are the ones responsible for making the tip of my finger numb whilst making them. I made glasses, hats, crowns, moustaches and various other silly things! As well as this we had lots of children's dressing up costumes, feather boa's, chalkboards and wigs. (My finger is still numb by the way!)


I also decided to run a offer on the day and thought it was a good opportunity to display some of my previous work. Being in the Kidstival section I decided that targeting the family market was the best idea and so I displayed a canvas, a photo book of the Costanzo's photo shoot and some business cards. I'm happy to say that I received a lot of good feedback regarding my work and even booked a few family photo shoots of the back of it.


I'm fortunate to have a family that I can talk into doing things with me! My little brother and my sister in law were my helpers for the day and did a great job of reeling in new customers in silly costumes.



Of course I and the family couldn't escape from the photo booth (even Rodney got in on the action!) below are some photos of us all.


On Friday I'm blogging 20 of my favourite pictures from the day, we had some great kids and families take part and I can't wait to show you some of the best!

2 comments: