Wednesday 25 January 2012

Charlotte & James: An Intimate Chaucer Barn Wedding

When I first started to second shoot for Katherine Ashdown, she'd often wax lyrical about a venue called Chaucer Barn near Holt in north Norfolk. She'd tell me about how it would be her ideal wedding venue if she were to get married, that it was surrounded by meadows and a topiary garden and could be the basis for a dream wedding. Every time she had a wedding to shoot there I seemed to be unavailable to second shoot and was so desperate to see exactly what this venue was like.

Luckily Katherine got a booking for a last minute mid-week wedding in the middle of August, I was shooting Nicola and Lewis' wedding the day after but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. I'm so glad I didn't because not only did this venue live up to everything Katherine had said, Charlotte and James were such a lovely couple.

The two of them planned a small intimate wedding surrounded by just family and close friends. They rented the barn for a couple of days and the wedding took on more of a relaxed garden party feel than a wedding. It was just perfect.






































































Thanks once again to the fab Katherine Ashdown for allowing me to come along and second shoot this one for her. I look forward to our next adventure there in February!


1 comment: