Saturday 30 April 2011

The Royal Wedding In Wivenhoe

It's been pretty hard to ignore the build up to the Royal Wedding. Countless TV documentaries tacky souvenirs and even a film has been kicking around for what seems like forever, I had managed to avoid being too swept up in the whole thing but secretly intrigued to see how Will and Kate would tie the knot.

I'm sure I wasn't alone in watching the royal wedding yesterday and actually surprised at how interested in it I became. Originally I thought I was only interested in seeing what dress Kate wore but from the moment I switched on the TV in the morning I became a bit involved in the whole thing. I guess it is just the idea of someone normal entering into the royal family that really captured everyones attention and seeing some of Kate's reactions on the day was such a great insight. 

We celebrated the Royal Wedding at the local cricket club, the kids all played on the pitch outside while the adults (ok, majority of the women) crammed around the TV in the pavilion to see it all unfold. there were tears from some and cheers during the kisses! But what was really great was seeing everyone come together for a day of fun, and no matter how many people were complaining about the whole kerfuffle, I bet you were all sat there enthralled too!







And below are a few links to other blogs and websites about the Royal Wedding I've really enjoyed reading today.

Kate Griffin's Faces In The Crowd Street Photography
Fanni's Amazing Point of View of the whole day
Katherine Ashdown's Royal Wedding Inspired Photo Shoot
Documentary photographs as the day unfolded
The Official Wedding Photographs by Hugo Burnard

No comments:

Post a Comment