Sunday 16 January 2011

My Week In Pictures...

I've had a pretty strange week this week. While still being on the job hunt (and sending out countless applications) I'm still waiting to hear if i'm successful for any interviews. It's been stressing me out, and making me worry. So I hope things look up next week.

Then on Friday I attended SWPP. It was the first time I'd been and as I was walking from Hammersmith tube station to the Novotel I could hear all manner of photography related conversations going on around me by professionals no doubt. I felt completely out of my depth and had serious thoughts about turning round and going shopping instead. 

I carried on though and found myself in Chris Beckers masterclass. From there things just got much better, each speaker made me more confident in my abilities and really  inspired me to go for it and try to get this 'working for yourself' idea off the ground. Besides the amazing advice from the speakers I also got to meet some great new friends who are in the same position as me or who were quite recently there. 

All in all this week has got me very excited for the future. I've got loads of ideas I hope to get the ball rolling on next week, so watch this space...






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Kerrie - and good luck with the job hunt, lovely - my fingers, toes and anything else I can manage to cross are well and truly crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post because I felt exactly the same! Infact I got there late Saturday after no food all day just a large coffee, couldnt find where I was meant to be and missed it, in the end I just walked out annoyed with myself and completely deflated. I went back Sunday and had an amazing day, met some great people and learnt alot. So glad I persisted and left feeling just like you did, energised and excited for the future! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nerve racking wasn't it Lauren I certainly felt the need to turn round and leave as soon as I got there! Glad you gave it another go, I'm sure things are going to be great for you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete